Below are some of the more common questions asked. If you have a question you think might benefit other users, please let us know.
- How do I get more information?
- What is the Interactive Map and how is it different to other GBMD maps?
- Can I get the Greater Blue Mountains Drive on my GPS?
- How do I get my product included on the GBMD website?
- 1. How do I get more information?
- The first point of contact for further information regarding the places and experiences around the Greater Blue Mountains Drive should be one of the Accredited Visitor Information Centres located throughout the drive. These are the best places to obtain up-to-date information about road conditions and services like fuel and accommodation. For enquiries concerning the GBMD website, media, marketing, or of a general nature please complete the form on the Contact Us page.
- 2. What is the Interactive Map and how is it different to other GBMD maps?
- The Interactive Map is one of the main features of this site and its value lies in its ability to present 'live' information about the many tours and attractions in the Greater Blue Mountains Area. This is achieved by displaying live geo-referenced data from the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse using Google Maps. The GBMD Interactive Maps interface provides far more than what seems available at first glance and we recommend looking at the Help Section so that you don't miss out any detail of what the Drive has to offer.
- 3. Can I get the Greater Blue Mountains Drive on my GPS?
- Yes. The GPS, Waypoint and Route Files page has the information you need. These files are in a range of common formats and include the Main Route, Discovery Trails, Accredited Visitor Information Centres, and many of the outstanding Natural Attractions of the Greater Blue Mountains area.
- 4. How do I get my product included on the GBMD website?
All of the products listed on this site (Visitor Information Centres, Tours, Attractions, Accommodation, Events ...) are pulled directly from the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse. There are two ways to have your product included in this database:
- Join a Local Tourism Organisation (such as Blue Mountains Accommodation and Tourism Association ) which provides this service to its members (resulting in a detailed product description on this site)
- Through Tourism NSW 'Get Connected' program (a free service and gives you a free basic listing on the GBMD site)